Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Shadows

Current mood: busy
Category: Writing and Poetry

CURRENTLY ON MY IPOD: Carol Novak's Poetry CD (Wanna read my review of it? Here's the link: http://www.eclectica.org/v11n4/janus.html

Dear Friends and Stalkers,

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date. No time to say hello-goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!

I have appt's again with the blood suckers. No clear etiology as to what is going on. But, I do think that maybe my gastroenterologist wants to have a love affair with me. Or maybe he just loves me for my colon. The small bowel, the large bowel. Or maybe it's just the way I use my semi-colon that turns him on. He called me yesterday after receiving lab work and asked to see me. Uh...Sure. Maybe I should make him rice krispi treats that look like semi-colon's. Do you think he'll get the joke?

Anywho..

I must get work done this morning on the book. A deadline is fast approaching and I feel slightly inept at my abilities to pull the ending off. So instead of an original witty blog you get a cut and paste of something from my poetry file.

Enjoy and subscribe if you like it.

Shadows

By: Cicily Janus

Shadows

I watched
You rest
In between
Shadows of night

They turned
Into sweet bullion
Crispness awakening
Dawn arising

Your chest falling
rising
falling
rising
falling
Into a natural
Creviced position
Of sleep

Friday waned
Saturday came
The clock
Showed no mercy

I longed for
The second hand
And yours
To stop time

Marked as a woman
From seconds
To minutes
To hours

Declining sleep
Giving way
Sounds of
Your silence

I sought after
Your sighs
Of contentedness
Craving corrugation
To break apart
My insomnia

Between the covers
Of awareness
Into the yawns
I can't remember life

Before your name
Before the shards
Of you sleeping
In the shadow of me



Yours in Shadows, Silence and Surrendering Yourself,

Cicily

Currently reading :
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland: A Pop-up Adaptation
By Lewis Carroll
Release date: 01 October, 2003

1 comment:

Carma Dutra said...

"They're coming to take me away" is a great intro to your blog. In fact I feel like that many times.

Thanks for giving us Shadows.

I like your blog and will visit again.